Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing # 19 2.0 awards list

When researching on the 2.0 awards list,I really struggled to find a site that would be good for my field of teaching. Of course I loved the cooking website for myself, and I will definitely be spending some of my own time looking at this site.
For the dyslexia program, I enjoyed looking at the site www.comiqs.com. On this site the student can create their own comic strips and add their own photos or photos from the web. The student then creates their own wording. They then have created a story through making a comic strip. This is awesome for kids who struggle with writing. They can create one comic strip and then feel successful about themselves, and write more and more!!

1 comment:

  1. I have dyslexia and I love anything Web 2.0 - esp. Blogs because it comes with a spell check!
    I would think your students would adore teacher tube and youtube too since it's all visual.

    ReplyDelete