Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing number # 15

Libraries that were in my schools when I was young, were full of chairs,tables, books and card catalogs. The new technology is amazing,and I love how the younger generations are not scared of the computer, in fact they embrace it.
Today almost all researching for information is at our finger tips on the web. This is so remarkable for our students to learn!
I am also from the old school, I love all this technology, but we must never forget to communicate with each other. We must never forget to sit in literature circles and have discussions with each other gaining great knowledge from other teachers, parents and friends.
The video was very thought provoking. It is truly amazing how so many kids are living on facebook and useless computers sites while parents and teachers are thinking they are working on meaningful assignments. We MUST never loose the art of verbally communicating with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment